Mothers On My Side (MOMS)
Tuesdays (5:30-7:30pm) On 11/20/18 there will be no MOMS Group. Happy Thanksgiving Week!
We are excited to bring back the MOMS talk circle.
Beginning Sep 18th, we will host our new peer support group open to women, every Tuesday evening.
This group is designed for women to work together to discuss obstacles and achievements in parenting to learn and support one another.
What is our MOMS Peer Support Group?
As mothers, we share common problems and experiences but we are all unique and handle circumstances very differently. In our MOMS group, we are able to talk with other moms who truly understand what we may be going through and can share advice, tips, and insights that can only come from firsthand experience.
- Attendance is voluntary (although some moms are required to attend a support group by their employers or the court system; there is no judgment in this group, we are all peers.)
Why have a MOMS Group?
Some benefits to participating in MOMS Talk Circle:
- When we don't know other women who are going through what we are going through, we can feel isolated and stigmatized. This group is designed to help moms facing challenges feel less alone and more understood.
- Members of MOMS can share information, keeping one another up to date on items of interest to us, and our specific challenges.
- Seeing other women who are contending with the same adversity and making progress in their lives is inspiring and encouraging.
- We empower moms to work to solve our own problems.
- Our support group is a safe place for any mom who needs to talk about intensely personal issues, experiences, struggles, and thoughts.
- The support group is free, all you need is a willing attitude to participate and to show up.
A note from the facilitator:
To any moms considering joining our group, talking to others moms in our support group reduces anxiety, improves self-esteem, and helps our overall sense of well-being. To all moms who are facing challenges, we wish you the courage to seek support if you are in need. We are here for you.
Providers: If you are interested in facilitating a group/class please contact us. We also appreciate community partners and volunteers coming in for Q & A sessions.