Paternal Opportunities, Programs & Services (POPS) Organization, San Diego and Sacramento
The POPS Organization is a child well-being organization operating from the lens of a father. Advocating for children's rights to having equitable access to both biological parents. Challenging the systems to acknowledge, educate, and overcome the bias towards father and children so they promote the best outcomes for children. -Michael Huesca, C.E.O
How Can We Help?
We are here to help support you with challenges and issues unique to your family situation. Check out our Services if you have had an unexpected change or challenge in your family life. San Diego POPS may be able to support you in the following areas:
- Advocacy in Family Court and Child Welfare
- Support group: Father's Talk Circle
- Tribal Justice, advocacy and support for tribal families and communities
- Visitation Services, Professional Supervised Monitoring
If you need further assistance, contact us or read more info on how to become a POPS participant.
To become familiar with the POPS Organization and how we can support you please join one of our open format support groups:
- Fathers Talk Circle (men only) on Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Groups are held at our headquarters in Old Town: 3878 Old Town Ave #200 (upstairs; please ring doorbell for entry)
- Support groups are free and participation is voluntary!
- After several meetings you will become familiar with the POPS network and how to become an involved participant.
- With consistent and consecutive participation you will be assigned a parent mentor to help you navigate your current challenges and point you in the right direction.