Paternal Opportunities, Programs & Services (POPS) Organization, San Diego
While POPS Organizations' success has been primarily with 'father advocacy,' we have evolved into advocating and developing parenting programs for both parents keeping at the forefront the best interest of the child/ren. We believe children have the right to “equal access" to both biological parents. - M. Huesca
How Can We Help?
We are here to help support you with challenges and issues unique to your family situation. Check out our Services if you have had an unexpected change or challenge in your family life. San Diego POPS may be able to support you in the following areas:
- Advocacy in Family Court and Child Welfare
- Support groups: MOMS, Fathers Talk Circle
- Tribal Justice, advocacy and support for tribal families and communities
- Visitation Services, Professional Supervised Monitoring
If you need further assistance, contact us or read more info on how to become a POPS participant.
To become familiar with the POPS Organization and how we can support you please join one of our open format support groups:
- MOMS Group (women only) on Tuesday evenings 6-7pm or
- Fathers Talk Circle (men only) on Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Groups are held at our headquarters in Old Town: 3878 Old Town Ave #200 (upstairs; please ring doorbell for entry)
- Support groups are free and participation is voluntary!
- After several meetings you will become familiar with the POPS network and how to become an engaged participant.
- With consistent and consecutive participation you will be assigned a parent mentor to help you navigate your current challenges and point you in the right direction.